ELIPTIC TANK SLOSHING

Issues and examples using this model (available in the Models Repository)

ELIPTIC TANK SLOSHING

Postby amlencasa on Mon May 04, 2009 4:46 am

Hello everybody

I would like to know if it’s possible to simulate tank sloshing with SPHysics, and it’s possible to generate an elliptic tank section.

Thanks
amlencasa

Re: ELIPTIC TANK SLOSHING

Postby arnom on Tue May 05, 2009 12:40 am

Hello,

I think that is two times a yes. Not that I have simulated tank sloshing myself but my experience tells me that it should be possible.
The second yes also requires a little bit of explanation. It is not possible with traditional SPHysics, you will have to utilze the add-on MyGeo that has been described on this forum. You will need to program a little routine that describes the ellipse and it's movement but it definately is possible. I would like to provide a bit of code for you but unfortunately it's exam time for me so time is very limited at the moment. However if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Best,
Arno
arnom

Postby amlencasa on Tue May 12, 2009 10:39 pm

Many thanks

I’m going to try it. I hope that I will be able to do it because I not an expert user with visual studio.

Good luck with your exams

Regards
amlencasa

Postby arnom on Wed May 13, 2009 2:07 am

Got some code for you: http://sci.amconception.de/files/mygeo.f

I do not take any responsibility for that :) I just wrote it and didn't do any debugging, that's your job. But it should be a good starting point.
arnom

Postby dolcevitak on Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:05 am

Arnom,
I can't find mygeo.f. Do you send me through email? and my email is dolcevitak@163.com.
Thanks.
dolcevitak

Return to SPHysics User Discussions